If you’ve noticed that your skin is acting up lately, it may not be your imagination. Changes in climate and use of indoor heat can truly wreak havoc on your complexion, leaving skin dry, flaky, dull and dehydrated. Indoor heat sucks the moisture out of your face, contributing to and worsening signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles. In addition, going from cool air outside to indoor heat can also irritate skin, often making it prone to breakouts. Oil often gets trapped beneath the upper layers of skin, resulting in these unwanted blemishes.
Let the Savin Center be a part of your winter skincare solution! You can fight back with an appropriate skincare regime and the treatments available at our office in downtown New Haven. We are experts in treating all winter worsened skin conditions, both medical and cosmetic. We’ll get your complexion back on track, and looking and feeling as luminous as ever!
- Drink lots of water, which hydrates skin from the inside out. Be sure to fill up on your 8 glasses a day!
- Moisturize your skin morning and night, or whenever skin feels tight or itchy.
- Wear an SPF daily, either in your makeup or separately. Don’t forget that sun damage happens all year long, and over 90% of facial aging is caused by sun exposure.
- Switch from hot showers to warm showers and moisture your body while your skin is still damp to lock in the moisture.
- Eat a balanced diet with lots of skin healthy fruit and vegetables. They will not only feed your body, but the vitamins in these foods will hydrate skin, too.
- Use a humidifier in your bedroom so the air, and therefore your skin, will stay moist.
In addition to a homecare regime, many of our clients opt for a series of microdermabraisons and/or glycolic peels this time of year. Both services remove dead skin buildup and simultaneously reduce fine lines, clean pores, improve skin texture and even out skin pigmentation. Also, don’t forget to ask our talented team which skincare products they recommend!